There are so many things that you could do to have better looking skin, and I’m not speaking to women this time as many of these grooming or beauty steps are essential for men as well. Gone are the days where being unkempt is seen as a sign of masculinity, that excuse is far gone. As a guy, you too will be faced with acne and breakouts from puberty till when you get your first sign of wrinkles, yhup y’all are in this for life.
Lucky for you, taking care of your face isn’t as difficult for guys as manicure/pedicure, waxing or any of the things I talked about in my previous grooming articles.
- The CTM Routine: the CTM routine is cleansing, toning and moisturizing. Most women do this routine on a daily , some even twice a day i.e in the morning and before going to bed. But this is just as important for men because we’re all exposed to pollution in our day – day activities, and men even tend to have a thicker and oilier skin than women. Men are also lazy to wash their face before going to bed and that causes comedo. So Cleansing helps remove dead skin cells that makes your face look dull while moisturizing helps to remove cracks and deals with your dry and dull skin.
- Apply Sunscreen: Please , my people we live in a very hot continent as a whole not just country or city. We all know when the sun is at its peak it’s no jokes out there. This intense sun rays not only cause tanning but they spoil the color and texture of your skin by slowing down collagen production and cell growth.
- Get your Beauty sleep: During your sleep the cells in your body fix up from the wear & tear of your daily activities, for your skin, that means heading off wrinkles, fine lines, and breakouts. And remember that you can’t make up for a weeks worth of missing sleep in one day. the body needs consistent to look it’s best.
- Reduce The Smoking And Alcohol Intake & Eat Healthy: Alcohol can make you dehydrated while Smoking decreases circulation and collagen production, so skin loses its natural coloring and ends up looking sallow and pale. It also can lead to fine lines around the lips and other signs of premature aging. Fruits & vegetables contain antioxidants which is good for the body. Antioxidants are compounds help fight off free radicals, molecules that exacerbate the effects of inflammation, sun damage, and aging. In other words it helps you keep looking young and also improves the skin tone.
- Drink Water And Mind Your Business: Everyone knows that drinking a lot of water is important and Most people don’t take this seriously, but you should , staying hydrated helps your body to be moisturized from inside out , and it also helps your skin have a more radiant glow.
With these tips, you should be well on your way to achieving light bulb level glow.