These yummy slow cooked ribs are just what you need when cooking for a crowd. Extremely versatile, it can be served with a number of sides. My favourite item to go with this would be thin cut fries and these can be store bought for a quick and easy fix.
Here’s what you need
- 500g Pork Ribs
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Knob of Ginger, chopped
- 2 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Juice of half a Lemon
- 1 Habanero Pepper or 3 Birds Eye Chillies (put as little or as much as you can handle)
- 1/4 cup Dijon Mustard
- 1 cup Barbecue sauce, store-bought or homemade
- Season ribs with all the spices while pre-heating oven to 190°C.
- In a pan, sear the ribs till golden brown.
- Combine the mustard and lemon then brush this mixture onto the ribs using a pastry brush.
- Transfer ribs to a baking tray and cook for 2 hours. Halfway through, cover the ribs with foil to avoid it drying out.
- Thirty minutes before it’s ready, brush some barbecue sauce onto the ribs.
- Proceed to finish cooking the ribs until the sauce caramelizes and sticks to the meat, this should take about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rest the ribs for 10 minutes and serve immediately with extra barbecue sauce for dipping.