I have heard of some of the weirdest pregnancy cravings like ketchup and cucumbers or onions with mustard. I tend to crave things from childhood like roast plantain and groundnut (yes I was that kid) but in order to maintain a healthier diet for myself and the human growing inside I decided for the new year its time to make a switch. As they say ‘New Year, New You’.
Here’s a recipe that will satisfy and excite your tastebuds. It’s sweet, sour and fiery. The perfect combination.
Here’s what you need
- 200g raw, peeled tiger prawns
- Red and green chillies (to your liking)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves and stalks separated
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 lime, juice only
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3cm piece ginger, minced
- 5 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- A handful of green beans
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Egg or rice noodles, to serve
- Lime wedge, optional
- In a wok, stir fry the prawns with sesame oil, olive oil, lime juice and fish sauce. Add in the minced garlic and ginger. Cook for 2 minutes. Remove the prawns to avoid over cooking.
- Add the red pepper and chillies and fry for 1 minute until the pepper starts to soften and become fragrant.
- Add the remaining ingredients, cook for a few more minutes then toss in the noodles.